In an one-hour interview with CNBC news, Warren Buffet, the 2nd richest man who had donated USD31 billion to charity has the following interesting aspects of his life to share:-
1. He bought his first share at the age of 11 and he now regrets that he started too late!! Ermm… where was I when I was 11? Giggling with my school friends…. interesting difference.
2. He bought a small farm at age 14 with savings from delivering newspapers. This brings back memories of my twin sister and brother selling newspapers in a fun fare site… it brought tears to my eyes seeing them so timidly trying to earn a few cents.
3. He still lives in the same small 3-bedroom house in mid-town Omaha, that he bought after he got married 50 years ago. He says that he has everything he needs in that house. His house does not have a wall or a fence. I think this is a great quality to have in order to become rich…. not to indulge in excessive luxury.
4. He drives his own car everywhere and does not have a driver or security people around him.
This sounds fine with me…. at least he appreciates privacy….keep a low profile.
5. He never travel by private jet, although he owns the world’s largest private jet company. Another great quality to become rich…. not to spend unnecessarily; also very environmentally friendly.
6. His company, Berkshire Hathaway, owns 63 companies. He writes only one letter each year to the CEOs of these companies, giving them goals for the year. He never holds meetings or calls them on a regular basis. He has given his CEO’s only two rules:-
- Rule number 1: do not lose any of your shareholders money
- Rule number 2: do not forget rule number 1
Nice boss to have…….
7. He does not socialize with the high society crowd. His past time after he gets home is to make himself some pop corn and watch television. Here again, a simple lifestyle…..now you know why he is the 2nd richest man…. popcorn is cheap and watching television is the cheapest entertainment. Hey people, we should learn from him and emulate.
8. Bill Gates, the world’s richest man met him for the first time only 5 years ago. Bill Gates did not think he had anything in common with Warren Buffet. So he had scheduled his meeting only for half hour. But…. the meeting lasted ten hours and Bill Gates became a devotee of Warren Buffet. Common interests; own business and having loads of money… they do have lots in common to talk about.
9. Warren Buffet does not carry a cell phone, nor has a computer on his desk. Wow… how did he manage to survive that, even a 6-year-old carries a mobile these days. I guess he must have an efficient secretary to keep track of things for him.
His advice to young people:
“STAY AWAY FROM CREDIT CARDS AND INVEST IN YOURSELF
I second this advice
Moral of the story
Money does not create man, it is the man who created money
Live our life as simple as you are
Do not do what others say, just listen to them, but do what you feel is good
Do not go on brand name, just wear those things in which you feel comfortable
Do not waste your money on unnecessary things
Its your life, do not allow others to rule it!!!